Stormwater is the number one source of water pollution in our area. Stormdrains lead directly to our waterways with no filters from our yards, driveways and homes. Rain can carry chemicals, oil and trash from our yards to the Bay where it can harm fish and other aquatic life. For issues related to stormwater including discharges, spills or illegal dumping please visit our "Report an Issue" page. Find your watershed on our Largo Sustainability Map.
How can you help improve our waterways?
- Scoop the Poop- Up to 50 thousand pounds of pet waste is unscooped every day in Pinellas.
- Avoid certain fertilizers during the summer ban (June 1-Sep 30) as these nutrients can harm aquatic life.
- Drain pools and wash your car over grass to filter out harmful chemicals.
- Keep leaves and grass clippings in your yard and out of the stormdrain.
- Keep car oil and other chemicals out of your driveway and off of the ground to prevent runoff.
- Report illegal dumping of chemicals and trash to Stormwater@largo.com.