City Manager's Weekly Blog
Week of June 2, 2018
We will endeavor to update this City Manager Blog on a weekly basis as an attempt to keep the residents up to date on the weekly happenings with your local government.
Bridgefest this Weekend!
Make your way to Downtown Allegan this weekend to kick off summer and enjoy a fun filled day of food, art, music, beverages, Jeeps, a petting zoo, Inflatable bounce houses, and FIREWORKS!
Paying for the Upcoming Construction Projects
Over the course of the next year the city will be taking on several construction projects. These projects include:
- Sidewalks for Safe Routes to School in the general area of Western and Sherman Streets.
- Chip Sealing Industrial Avenue, Delano Street, Jackson Street, and the Swan Neighborhood Streets.
- Reconstruct River Street from Cora Street to 118th Avenue.
- Resurface Kalamazoo/5th/Division Streets.
- Resurface Trowbridge Street from Walnut Street to Cedar Street.
- Improvements to various Sewer Lines.
- Road and Utility Improvements in the Wolcott/Highland Neighborhood and the Russell/Robinson Neighborhood.
- Water repairs at Wayne and 4th Street.
- Water Meter Replacement.
- Improvements to City Hall, Regent Theater, Griswold Auditorium and adding Riverfront Storage and Restrooms.